Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Advisor (Eswatini)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
CGHPI has recently received an award from the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The program will support the Kingdom of Eswatini to provide comprehensive, quality assured care, treatment and prevention HIV/TB services in Manzini and Lubombo regions. As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following position, and seeks exceptional individuals to join the team and further enrich our unique offerings.
Job Location: Mbabane, Eswatini
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Advisor will provide technical support for the implementation of all VMMC activities, including liaising with national and regional health management to provide quality assurance for the full package of VMMC services. In addition, the Advisor will support providers within facilities to ensure optimal VMMC outcomes for all clients served.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for all quality assurance and improvement plans for VMMC services
- Collaborate with regional health management teams to support health facilities to strengthen their VMMC services
- Manage timely reporting of related adverse events (AE) and serious adverse events (SAE)
- Mentor and coach regional and health facility staff on quality assurance processes for VMMC services.
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting of VMMC indicators, and document best practices and lessons learned.
- Participate in MOH led efforts to refine methods and systems for quality improvements of VMMC services.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Medical degree
- Three or more years providing technical assistance for VMMC services
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, leadership, coaching and team building skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships to help achieve organizational goals.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with ability to solve problems and make decisions and able to manage multiple task and prioritize, ability to determine activities and project towards measurable goals and standard setting in collaboration with other team members.
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGHPI at firstname.lastname@example.org.