Strategic Information Specialist
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC) through funding from the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE). As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following program implementation positions.
Reports to: Performance Measurement Lead
Location of Work: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Position Summary: The SI Specialist will work closely with regional technical teams and site level staff to collect, quality assure and report program performance data from all health facilities in line. With Government of Cameroon and PEPFAR reporting requirements. The SI Specialist will build capacity of site level data clerks, district and regional Health Information Staff to improve the overall quality and integrity of all program related data. Further, the SI Specialist will scale up electronic patient record management systems in all supported facilities.
- Coordinate and oversee all program reporting activities in the region;
- Implement program performance metrics and program data collection strategies and tools in supported sites within the region
- Troubleshoot data quality issues in all facilities
- Train and mentor data clerks to improve their capacity to collect and report patient level data consistently and on time;
- Build capacity of district and regional health delegate health information management personnel
- Coordinate weekly, monthly and quarterly performance dashboard review and program reporting activities in the region;
- Support the process of institutionalizing Data Demand and Information Use for all mentorship teams and supported facilities in the region.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s. degree in Biostatistics/Epidemiology/Health Informatics/Computer Engineering
- Familiarity and proficiency in DAMA patient electronic medical records management solution
- At least 5 years doing similar work
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
- Deadline for application is October 21, 2019, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.