Senior Program Coordinator (East Africa)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to the Regional Director, East Africa (RD), the Senior Program Coordinator, East Africa, provides continuous support to the Regional Office to help achieve CGHPI’s mission in the region, in particular with supporting the growth of the center’s reach in the region, and providing day-to-day support to program operations. This post calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination, financial management, and grants management experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and colleagues, governments as well as other partners and stakeholders in Kenya and in other countries where CGHPI operates.
Working closely with the Regional Director, the Senior Program Coordinator will assist in managing the various aspects of different programs as required and may include support for the human resources management cycle, program management, business development, external and internal communication, and research operations. Sensitivity, confidentiality, and an ability to produce excellent work under tight deadlines will be essential requirements of this position.
- Project Management: He/She will support current programs with a possible expansion of scope. This may include supporting: budget preparation and review, program work plans monitoring, preparation and review of training plans and materials, performance monitoring, support program hiring and any other relevant support that will be required.
- Communication: Under the direction of the RD and in collaboration with the country offices and programs, draft emails, letters, presentations, etc., to a range of audiences (including donors, partners, external parties, HQ, and others). Support communications with international and local teams, partners and organizations. Assist the RD in document preparation. This may include, documentation and communication that is related to talent, hiring processes, performance management, financial management, partnerships, or others, as requested. Take notes on and follow up with action items after all meetings of RD. Be present at all meetings and phone calls attended by the RD (as requested by RD) and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Representation: May represent the region in meetings with international and local teams, partners and organizations as guided by the RD.
- Business development: The EA will support the RD in business development within the organizational framework, not limited but including identification of relevant opportunities and support during the business development process. The EA will support the RD in research business processes as required.
- Travel and Events Management: Handle the regional office’s travel logistics, travel reports and support HQ in this as required. Schedule planning meetings and debriefing meetings and maintain hard and soft copy files for each trip.
- Liaising/Follow-up: When appropriate, act as a liaison between RD and Georgetown staff and follow up on any pending or outstanding tasks within the office. Establish and maintain follow up system to be sure that no task set by the RD remains outstanding.
- Research Support: Prepare research briefs on potential investors and partners, and various other topics under direction of the Regional Director and as requested by her.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Regional Director.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business management or relevant field or equivalent
Experience: 5 years of relevant project management including budget management experience
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Great attention to detail
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGHPI at firstname.lastname@example.org.