Senior Data Analytics Advisor (Eswatini)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
The CGHPI has recently received an award from the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The program will support the Kingdom of Eswatini to provide comprehensive, quality assured care, treatment and prevention HIV/TB services in Manzini and Lubombo regions. As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following position, and seeks exceptional individuals to join the team and further enrich our unique offerings.
Job Location: Mbabane, Eswatini
The Senior Data Analytics Advisor will work closely with and provide technical assistance to the Eswatini National Aids Program (ENAP), to enhance data analytics capacity to support the data and evidence use agenda. This position will serve as a key technical resource supporting data use at the national level, including working with the data management team to process and analyze HIV data from various systems, develop key reports customized to different decision makers based on collated data from different sources and work streams. In addition, the Advisor will support institutionalization and routinization of data use practice within ENAP, through competence enhancement of staff, development of key tools, and establishment of business processes to support the data use continuum practice.
- Provide technical assistance and support business processes to make rapid HIV data analysis more efficient, transparent, reproducible, and effective.
- Support data analysis including triangulation of survey, surveillance, and other country data sources as appropriate.
- Provide need-based technical assistance to standardize and automate data collection, management, analysis and visualization of HIV data
- Design, develop and deliver high quality visualization and information products
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Eswatini government and PEPFAR-related data systems.
- Ensure data quality through verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Strengthen internal capacity of staff and innovative thinking in new areas of data analytics. Work with existing program faculty and staff in Washington and in Eswatini to build critical thinking and knowledge of data science concepts.
- Ensure that existing and new data science methods are understood and shared across the program.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing data analytics support for public health programs.
- At least a Master’s degree in statistics or epidemiology. PhD will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience providing strategic leadership for PEPFAR programming
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methods
- Expert proficiency in statistical software packages e.g.: Stata, R, SAS, SPSS
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity at the national and regional level
- Familiarity with PEPFAR data reporting requirements and systems (DATIM)
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGPHI at email@example.com