Senior Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Advisor (Eswatini)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
The CGHPI has recently received an award from the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The program will support the Kingdom of Eswatini to provide comprehensive, quality assured care, treatment and prevention HIV/TB services in Manzini and Lubombo regions. As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following position, and seeks exceptional individuals to join the team and further enrich our unique offerings.
Job Location: Mbabane, Eswatini
The Senior Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Advisor will lead the application of improvement science methods for improving quality of services and program interventions. This position will collaborate with the program and technical teams to drive continuous quality improvements through strategically selected and executed improvement initiatives for programmatic as well as clinical outcomes at patient and population levels. The position will train, coach, and mentor program personnel, facility staff, and other front-line service providers as appropriate in the application of CQI strategies to achieve desired improvements in program outcomes. In addition, the Advisor will support health care providers and health managers to transition QI from discrete improvement projects to routinized process through institutionalization of QI practice as a culture. Further, the Advisor will work with SI teams to develop metrics for monitoring effectiveness of QI practice within facilities.
- Lead the conduct of a needs assessment for quality improvement and oversee its implementation
- Provide oversight for technical assistance and guidance on quality improvement in Manzini and Lubombo regions for a comprehensive clinical cascade including HIV testing, PMTCT, TB/HIV, care and treatment and ART
- Train and mentor program personnel and facility site multi-disciplinary teams to adopt CQI principles in delivery of comprehensive HIV services
- Support benchmarking, spread, and implementation of best practices
- Lead data analysis, target re-calibration as part of remediation interventions following program performance assessment
- Support adoption, spread and implementation of CQI Guidelines developed at the national level
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Masters’ degree in Public Health or Epidemiology
- 5 years’ experience implementing Continuous Quality Improvement activities or programs in healthcare or related sectors/settings especially HIV/AIDS quality improvement programming
- At least 5years’ experience of mentorship, training or coaching for process improvement
- Experience working across different levels of country program implementation – national, sub national, communities
- Extensive familiarity with Quality/Process improvement tools and methodologies
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGPHI at email@example.com