Please submit Cover Letter and CV to Jeremy at email@example.com
Reports to: Deputy Program Director
The HIV Testing and Prevention Advisor (HTPA) reports directly to the Deputy Director of Programs. S/he will expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches to HIV case finding. S/he will mentor HIV testing staff at the facility and state levels. The Prevention Advisor will provide technical leadership and expert advice on strategies and interventions to implement community-based, comprehensive, and evidence-based programming to maintain HIV epidemic control in South Sudan.
The HPTA will also be responsible for collaboration with community HIV prevention services for KP, PP, and their partners; and prevention and mitigation measures against violence towards AGYW, KP, and PP. He will also be responsible for developing and supporting a framework for strategic and synergistic involvement of youth, young people, AGYW, the KP community, and CSOs in HIV prevention.
- Ensure that people have access to HIV testing to learn their HIV status and link to HIV treatment and effective prevention services through the support efforts to expand capacity to conduct HIV testing in novel settings and using innovative approaches like index testing, PITC, reaching out to people, use of family referral and self-testing.
- Provide supervision, mentoring, and on-the-job training for all HIV testing staff in facilities, including identification of capacity gaps and updating knowledge of counselor testers on current practices.
- Ensure the optimal standard of counseling is achieved by ensuring the use of national guidelines and protocols.
- Ensure proper documentation of activities using appropriate national HIV testing tools for accurate record-keeping and timely reporting.
- Review facility reports and develop quarterly reports of project HIV testing activities.
- Strengthen referrals and linkages for tested HIV positive to ensure the continuum of care for project beneficiaries. This will include providing follow-up on services to ensure uptake.
- Ensure healthcare workers provide quality counseling services and activities in communities during outreaches or mobile HIV testing service provision
- Monitor and fulfill HIV self-test (HIVST) kit requests and maintain inventory of supplies including HIVST kits to ensure consistent program operations.
- Support community-based HIVST initiatives, including arranging pick-up and delivery of kits.
- Oversee the development of ANC as the main entry point for HTC and PMTCT services for pregnant women and provide treatment to all HIV+ pregnant women and strengthen the relationships between the community and health facilities, integrating couples counseling within HTC and PMTCT services.
- Participate in all Technical Advisory Group Meetings, and represent GU in professional forums by participating and presenting in meetings and conferences, as well as technical working group meetings.
- Provides technical support for the implementation of comprehensive HIV prevention services for KP, PP, and their partners.
- Leads in innovative and targeted HTS to improve case identification (such as Index Testing, Social Networking Strategy, and risk-based counseling and testing) in collaboration with HIV Testing Lead, districts, and other implementing partners.
- Ensure all HIV+ identified are linked to care and ART retained and virally suppressed
- Institutionalizes continuous quality improvement systems for HIV prevention interventions and M&E.
- Support preparation of relevant donor reports, budgets, and work plans.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned