Logistics and Transportation officer (Eswatini)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
CGHPI has recently received an award from the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The program will support the Kingdom of Eswatini to provide comprehensive, quality assured care, treatment and prevention HIV/TB services in Manzini and Lubombo regions. As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following position, and seeks exceptional individuals to join the team and further enrich our unique offerings.
Job Location: Mbabane, Eswatini
The position will manage program logistics necessary for activities across all departments. The position will ensure that all logistics needs for all activities captured on the program work plan are pre-planned and duly managed. The position will coordinate vehicle management on the program including maintenance, trip scheduling, fuel management and insurance/security of program vehicles. The position will support travel by technical and programmatic teams to and from program related destinations in support of program activities such as trainings and meetings.
- Manage logistics for implementation of the project work plan
- Oversee vehicle maintenance and management including log-books, pool and parking plans and information
- Supervise and manage project drivers
- Ensure accommodations and transportation for program personnel and other personnel as needed (during trainings, meetings, etc)
- Manage vendor contracts as assigned
- Keep and maintain records of program activities as assigned
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- High school diploma
- 3-year experience working in a similar position
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations and working knowledge of local roads and routes.
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English.
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGHPI at email@example.com.