Information Technology Officer (Eswatini)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
CGHPI has recently received an award from the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The program will support the Kingdom of Eswatini to provide comprehensive, quality assured care, treatment and prevention HIV/TB services in Manzini and Lubombo regions. As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following position, and seeks exceptional individuals to join the team and further enrich our unique offerings.
Job Location: Mbabane, Eswatini
This position will provide ICT support to the program, including setting universal standards and frameworks for managing and maintaining the technology platforms and systems developed/used by program personnel. The position will ensure proper implementation of networking platforms that support interactions by program stakeholders such as mobile application, internet connectivity, and HQ-country communications platforms. The position will install, configure, and maintain all computer systems (hardware and software) and networks necessary for program operations, and be responsible for system updates as necessary. The position will help build a reliable infrastructure for effective use of Georgetown University’s shared IT resources for program purposes. This position will serve as the first port of call for trouble shooting IT equipment and software related challenges by program personnel. The position will ensure that ensure all operations support systems remain functional and secure.
- Support and troubleshoot applications and services on servers, networks, storage systems and information security systems.
- Implement and support Georgetown University’s Business processes/applications for country programs
- Support IT operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Monitor, collect, analyze technology systems and network service issues.
- Ensure all operational support systems remain functional, available and secure.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer;
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solve hardware or software issues
- Test and evaluating new technology;
- Conduct safety checks on computer and other equipment.
- Support the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems including analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks
- Proficiency with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Web services APIs, working in mixed environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows on desktop, server, tablet, and mobile systems
- Experience with health management information systems including Electronic Health records, laboratory information systems, Supply chain information systems, health reporting systems such as DHIS2
- Experience with small- and large-scale data analysis and presentation, visualization and reporting
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, leadership, coaching and team building skills to strengthen and cultivate relationship to help achieve organizational goal.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with ability to solve problems and make decisions and able to manage multiple task and prioritize, ability to determine activities and project towards measurable goals and standard setting in collaboration with other team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGHPI at firstname.lastname@example.org.