Health Systems Strengthening Advisor
Please submit Cover Letter and CV to Jeremy at email@example.com
Reports to: Program Director
The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Lead reports directly to the Director of Programs. The HSS Advisor will work closely with the PI, BO, PD, PDD, and other project implementation teams, the Ministry of Health, South Sudan AIDS Commission (SSAC) to identify and invest in opportunities that strengthen the sustainability of health systems including health information systems, laboratory systems and human resources for health. S/he will be responsible for the implementation of HSS in close liaison with BI and PD. S/he will work with MoH, GU, CDC, and other stakeholders while maintaining national-level policies and guidance. The HSS Lead will develop measures of performance and coordinate the performance reviews, planning, and budgeting for all HSS activities.
- Provide technical leadership and advisory services on HSS.
- Support facilities, MoH, and SSAC to strengthen capacity and systems for efficient delivery of essential health services, including planning and budgeting
- Continuously assess district needs in liaison with PI, BO, PD, PDD and recommend additional HSS support that would achieve the project’s objectives, and provide technical support to facilitate implementation
- Strengthening the health management information system with support from the SI Advisor
- Coordinate capacity assessments with facilities and state and develop targeted capacity development plans.
- Effectively source and manage short-term consultants to support HSS activities where necessary
- Work closely with other project staff to ensure that project strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way
- Facilitate cross-learning for both project teams and other stakeholders on public financial management and governance
- Ensure implementation of HSS work plans and achievement of results across all the districts/ states.
- Manage performance and reporting of the HSS milestones to CDC South Sudan
- Build strong partnerships with the MoH, SSAC, CDC, and other key stakeholders to ensure the project is in line with government priorities and is implemented successfully
- Utilize innovative training methodologies, adapt curricula to support training on relevant topics at facility and levels to improve health supply chain systems
- Lead the development of strategies to improve the management of health products and technologies
- Participate in site capacity assessment activities; analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of results to relevant stakeholders for decision-making and service improvement for HSS
- Support the establishment of medicine and commodities security functions in the states
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned