The Finance Professional – in a temporary, full time, or short-term role – supports CGHPI’s day-to-day business transactions, including expenses, AR/AP, select procurement, and budget management. The ideal candidate can commit to the end of the assignment – through to Aug 11, 20 2023.
This math-oriented critical thinker must apply a good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures, advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions), and familiarity with Higher Education accounting software (e.g., Ellucian Banner, QuickBooks, and /or other ERPs).
- Updates financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Prepares balance sheets
- Tracks and reconciles grant-in-aid funds and Facilities and Administrative costs (e.g., IDC statements)
- Creates cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
- Processes tax payments
- Supports monthly expenditures and keep organized records
- Records accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Processes invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers, and partners as needed
- Provides administrative support for the Center’s budget preparation
- Participates in data integrity audits as time allows
Reporting to the CGHPI’s COO, Finance Professional regularly engages with the Center’s Finance team and Project leads, and handles business interactions that include University Administration and Operations Support Teams, Central University Financial Services, and Pre and Post Award Management Teams.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalency – preference for a college degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Proficiency with Outlook and related Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to adapt to various office environments
- Typing skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of General Ledger Accounting
Work Mode: Hybrid. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation (new window).
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions. Apply at the following link:
For additional information, contact Ms. Lowrey Redmond, Chief Operating Officer, Center for Global Health Practice and Impact, at firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).