Finance and Admin Director
Please submit Cover Letter and CV to Jeremy at email@example.com
Reports to: Program Director
The Finance and Administration Director (FAD) reports directly to the Program Director. S/he will supervise and oversee all aspects of field office project operations ensuring efficient and effective management of project assets. The FAD will serve as the primary point of contact for accounting, contract management, procurement, administration and logistics, human resources management, and information technology. S/he will ensure timely and accurate financial and administrative management and reporting to CDC and the project team. The FAD will ensure that all project operations and expenses are compliant with USG, CDC, PEPFAR, and South Sudan Government regulations, and industry best practices. S/he will be responsible for the oversight of budgeting, monitoring, and performance of the project. The FAD will also ensure financial systems and reports are compatible with standard accounting practices. S/he will provide capacity building, coaching, and mentoring of district finance teams for sustainability. The FAD will supervise the Accountants, IT officers, HR officers, Logistics officers, Receptionists, and Drivers.
- Ensure that CDC resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with approved project work plans.
- Ensure sound financial policies and procedures from GU HQ are strictly implemented for proper management of project resources in compliance with CDC rules and regulations
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting compliant with the terms and conditions of the award
- Maintain and administer a financial accounting system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of financial operations and prepare financial reports as necessary.
- Oversee project’s day-to-day cash needs, payments, reviewing/processing invoices, operation systems travel, and logistics while ensuring cost efficiency.
- Guide project team members regarding the financial requirements of the project and office operations.
- Lead the development, monitoring, and review of project budgets; conduct monthly financial analysis and budget vs. expense reports to determine the reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions, as required in consultation with the PD.
- Set up and Coordinate approval of field office procurements and payments systems, ensuring strict adherence to GU guidelines and CDC rules and regulations.
- Facilitate the work of internal and external audits and ensure that financial records are properly maintained and readily available during audits.
- Attend donor meetings/training related to grant reporting and compliance and coordinate internal discussions on the interpretation of donor regulations
- Mentor, supported, supervise and manage a team of finance and administration staff.
- Ensure that finance, procurement and human resources, and administrative policies and procedures are in place and up to date for the project and staff are in compliance.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned