Digital Design Specialist (Consultancy)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and inter-professional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. CGHPI is rapidly expanding in projects, and finding an increasing need for innovative solutions requiring data integration, and restructuring of existing data systems, or creation of data systems which meet the requirements of a continuously complex and integrated healthcare delivery system. As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for a Digital Design Specialist, to use a high level of expertise to deliver and encourage stunning digital concepts to meet CGHPI expectations.
Digital Design Specialist
The Digital Design Specialist at Georgetown’s CGHPI will create, manage lead digital design projects for a variety of uses, including multimedia and digital communication needs. The Digital Design Specialist is responsible for delivering on-brand creative solutions, translating creative concepts into visual design and use developmental tools to convert data into a graphic interface. The Digital Design Specialist reports to the Data Science Team Lead, and works closely with the CGHPI Director, management team and the data science team members.
- Work with Data Science Team Lead to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate designs
- Manage and produce digital design projects for both domestic and international projects
- Provide design support to the CGHPI including creating project graphics and designs or other similar offline graphics
- Produce the design and production for websites, social media graphics and banners
- Translate existing and future research materials and reports, and offline/online marketing strategies into effective designs
- Work with CGHPI team and internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with Georgetown University’s standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to present concepts and lead internal teams to the correct solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional design experience
- Strong portfolio of design work, showing solution to business/research problems through effective design.
- Experience in web marketing/web design with a strong knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and development principles
- Deep knowledge with web and graphic design processes
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite products and Vengage
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGHPI at firstname.lastname@example.org.