Deputy Program Director / Care and Treatment Lead
Please submit Cover Letter and CV to Jeremy at email@example.com
Reports to: Program Director
The Deputy Programs Director / Care and Treatment Lead will report directly to the Program Director. The DPD will serve as the care and treatment lead while providing leadership on the implementation of the overall clinical strategy of the project by ensuring the achievement of clinical objectives as well as oversight to all clinical mentorship teams to deliver ART, PMTCT, Viral Load monitoring, Opportunistic Infections services. S/he will support to state-based project implementation teams in implementing high-quality HIV and TB services for the project while strengthening the capacity of the MoH systems to implement a high-quality and sustainable integrated HIV and TB program in South Sudan. The DPD will supervise technical leads and oversee the identification of facility-level needs and allocation of resources to overcome challenges to care delivery and quality of services. This position is also responsible for the representation of the project at technical meetings. He will represent GU in-state meetings and in the national Technical Working Groups. He will lead the planning and oversight of support supervision visits. This role will provide technical oversight for all clinical management and collaborative activities in line with national guidelines.
- Provide oversight in the development and implementation of specific priority capacity-building objectives for HIV/AIDS and all clinical technical areas.
- Provide technical leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of community-level HIV programming and service delivery.
- Ensure implementation of recommended clinical protocols and national guidelines.
- Collaborate closely with community leaders, policy-makers, and community groups to improve the planning and implementation of HIV services at the community level.
- Work with communities and facilities to enhance linkages and referrals between HTS, care, and treatment services.
- Serve as the GU contact for the state Project Implementation Teams and Joint Transition Teams
- Ensure that the overall project capacity-building strategy and objectives are established and complied with for development, selection, design, and implementation by all stakeholders
- Provide leadership and oversight to the implementation team through joint support supervision and clinical mentorship to facilities’ staff with the project, state, and CDC teams.
- Lead continuous quality improvement for facility operations and systems and lead the development of strategies to improve service delivery
- Lead site capacity review activities; analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of results to relevant stakeholders for decision-making and service improvement
- Utilize innovative training methodologies, and adapt curricula to support training on relevant topics at national/regional and health facility levels
- Determine the impact of training activities in the facilities and share recommendations for improvements
- Maintain relationships with relevant technical stakeholders including MoH and South Sudan AIDs Commission Teams as necessary
- Responsible for quarterly and annual program reporting for the project xv. Perform any other duties that may be assigned