Coordinator for Business Operations
The Coordinator for Business Operations has specific responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Serves as first point of contact for internal and external staff seeking support and information from the Center
- Provides essential administrative support to Finance and Operations team, including but not limited to daily office operations, file management, database management, calendar and meeting coordination, expense tracking, report generation, and project organization
- Keeps current on functional/business/technical solutions for process improvement and problem solving
- Manages organizational logistics for global programs – for example, domestic and international travel support, personnel and supply budget tracking, and event management
- Supports CGHPI business and operational workstreams, including human resources, legal, IT, procurement, finance and accounting coordinating with GU and GUMC departments and staffs
- Coordinates staff-side initiatives and communications
- Provides excellent stakeholder care and demonstrates unbiased cultural awareness; and maintains confidentiality, integrity, and trust.
Reporting report directly to CGHPI’s Director of Finance and Business Operations, the Coordinator of Business Operations supports all operational activities, working cross-departmentally and representing the operations team providing critical administrative and organizational assistance as needed.
They are responsible for communication related to CGHPI’s cost centers (e.g., tracking expenditures by budgetary and project boundaries) and work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure projected success.
The Coordinator has no direct reports.
Requirements and Qualifications
- College degree
- At least 2 years of experience in related operations or administrative roles – preference for experience in public health and budget management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace skills
- Time management and job prioritization proficiencies
- Strong orientation to detail and deadlines
- Preferred qualifications:
Work Mode: Hybrid Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation (new window).
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions. Apply at the following link:
For additional information, contact Ms. Lowrey Redmond, Chief Operating Officer, Center for Global Health Practice and Impact, at firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).