Content Developer (Consultancy)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and inter-professional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. CGHPI is rapidly expanding in projects, and finding an increasing need for innovative solutions requiring data integration, and restructuring of existing data systems, or creation of data systems which meet the requirements of a continuously complex and integrated healthcare delivery system. As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for a content developer, to assist directly with content development and creation within a domestically funded grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and provide database and data system expertise within the Center as a whole.
The Content Developer at Georgetown’s CGHPI will serve as the content expert within CGHPI to assist with content development support for our HRSA funded technical assistance cooperative agreement. Within the HRSA project, the incumbent will work on grant dissemination activities such as creating original content for our dissemination purposes such as website documents, project manuals, best practices and end of project reports. This includes copywriting, graphics, and technical work.
- Coming up with content goals and strategies and pitching ideas to the HRSA 19-039 team.
- Collaborating with team members and brainstorming subjects for creative content.
- Creating unique, simple-to-understand, and user-friendly content using good SEO techniques.
- Writing new web content and editing existing content.
- Editing and proofreading new content before publication.
- Managing the distribution of content through our various channels, including social media.
- Analyzing performance indicators and web traffic and determining the effectiveness of created content.
- Experience in copywriting, graphic design, programming, or a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of content management software, including Asana, WordPress, Photoshop, and Flash.
- Good working knowledge of HTML and SEO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, marketing, mass communication, or a related field.
- 3-5 years working in content development
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGHPI at email@example.com.