ADPH Data Integration (Consultancy)
Georgetown University’s Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) is currently recruiting for an HIV/STD Data Integration Support consultants. The position will be expected to report on-site in Montgomery, Alabama. The HIV/STD Data Integration Support consultant will work within the state to facilitate the coordination and implementation of CGHPI’s HRSA-funded HIV/STD data integration and utilization program. This position will also serve as a liaison between the CGHPI team and the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) team – serving in a range of program management and hands-on technical support capacities. In this position, the applicant will collaborate with CGHPI to support jurisdictions in implementing data integration activities, including quality assurance, data linkages, and ensuring ability for maximum data utilization post-integration. SAS skills are essential, as this is the primary coding language utilized by departments of health. Activities will range from writing SAS codes to link person-level data across systems, running reports to evaluate aggregate data against program interventions, visualizing data in Tableau and designing interactive dashboards for ongoing staff utilization, and development of SOPs and sustainable documentation. Due to the nature of this program, it is essential that the applicant has the aforementioned technical skills, as well as strong program management and communication ability, and expertise within the scope of HIV and STD/public health surveillance.
The HIV/STD Data Integration Support consultant will work within ADPH, while continuously updating and reporting to the CGHPI program leads. The level of in-person commitment is dependent on the current and ongoing telework practices at ADPH as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Therefore, communication is even more essential than ever, to ensure that the applicant is able to effectively provide support and program management remotely as needed.
- Maintain, customize, and manage the jurisdiction’s HIV/STD information system(s) with a focus on data warehousing, quality assurance, and visualization/communication.
- Support the implementation of quality standards in the design, development, configuration data integration and data sharing efforts
- Provide technical support for their jurisdiction, which may include logistics, coding, database management, business process development, SOP generation, etc.
- Ensure that implementation activities are conducted according to the jurisdiction specific project work-plan
- Assist with project management activities, including communication, business process development and day to day tasks
- Monitor and assist jurisdictions with quarterly/ongoing collection and reporting of program evaluation data
- Develop SOPs and materials to build capacity on data management for Jurisdiction staff
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficient use of data management and analysis tools
- Strong organizational, time management, computer and communication skills, leadership, coaching and team building skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships to help achieve organizational goals.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with ability to solve problems and make decisions and able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize, ability to determine activities and project towards measurable goals and standard setting in collaboration with other team members.
- Ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Masters in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Informatics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum experience of 3 years working with large health databases
- Experience implementing and managing health information systems
- Familiarity with HRSA HIV/AIDS programs, data reporting requirements, and data systems
- Experience in conducting data quality/control assessments
- Experience in database design and/or administration (e.g. Microsoft Access, MySQL) preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau data visualization software
- Proficiency in SAS required
Interested applicants should send a current CV, cover letter, and references to CGHPI at firstname.lastname@example.org